Christmas horror story

Well. Where do I start?
Actually, I won't, as such, except to say - not wise to make a recipe for Christmas lunch off the
internet hours before you intend to consume it.
Yes, that is exactly what I did, dear reader, as I decided to make a.... pavlova. I found a recipe on the net, cooked it, but oh my gosh - it was the foulest piece of egg white rubbish I ever had. Rubbery. Weird taste.
So I quickly went back to the standard for pavlova's - New Zealand's Edmonds Cook book and made a very nice pavlova. To be fair the thing shrank so it was flat as a flat pancake and I had to smother it with cream. 
But it did taste fine.
So the tip is..... don't cook pavlova?
I think I'll buy mine next time.
Happy Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joanne song and the name Joanne

The Very Bad Habit that will be the death of me - or will it?

Three lessons learnt from the week just past