A strange old week

I had a strange week with my reading. Two books I started I couldn’t get into. One I actually found boring with all the detail and backstory, and the other one, it just didn’t grab me at all, not my characters nor the plot. I plodded on for a few pages and checked out the end (with both of them, tbh) but, that was it. Such is the joy of reading. It can be erratic. However, I was pleased to renew a subscription to one of my favourite magazines which is old school with warm and cosy short stories, recipes, puzzles and health stuff. I really like it and my first copy arrived this week.

And speaking of old-school, here's another old picture I happened upon. It is simply called:

Man and woman reading to children possibly on board SS ORMISTON, 1927-1939


Australian National Maritime Museum’s Samuel J. Hood Studio Collection