I was at a store a few weeks back and happened across a plug in to the wall, single element, induction cooktop thing. I made the purchase to see what it was like.
I've been considering a new oven for some time and the inductions were recommended. My current one is not so good. Every time my sister comes over and attempts to cook on it, she's like 'Jo, when are you getting a new oven, how can you cook on this thing?' I can cook just fine, actually. It just takes ten times as long.
To that end, I'd been contemplating the induction but they are more expensive, you need to make sure your cookware is induction friendly (I have one large pot that is just that thankfully) and you also have to check the power supply supports it. It seems daunting. Then I found this plug in element and got home, got it going, cooked minced beef on it, and OH MY GOLLY GOSH.
I couldn't believe it, just how quickly it cooked. I said to myself, now I don't need a whole new induction oven, now I've got this and this will be fine. I can get a normal oven that is cheaper and keep using my pots and not have to worry about new pots and pans. I am pretty excited about that.
Of course, the old oven is still just fine. For now. Three of the four elements still work and the oven does bake reasonably okay after a fashion. But this plug in element is just amazing.
We were looking at reviews on line for this particular product and some of the reviews weren't that complimentary. Well, I do not know what they were comparing them to. It must have been something high tech because I tell you, this thing is a game changer. Nay, it is a life changer.
I just have to stop cooking up minced beef, such is the joy of sticking half a kilo in the pan and having it browned in no time.
Like the dish we had for tea, linked below, from my favourite Aussie chef, Nagi Maehashi of Recipe Tin Eats. Its a Korean dish called Beef Bulgogi. Just gorgeous.
https://www.recipetineats.com/korean-beef-bulgogi-rice-bowls-the-easy-way/

Comments