So Frenchy So Chic

The French! I am a bit into things French at the moment, partly because.. well, why not? There's a lot to like (she says, avoiding looking English people in the eye...)
Plus I'm meant to be spending a few days on a certain French Pacific island in a few months, so am brushing up on sixth form French in anticipation of not making a complete twit of myself.
I could set a book there. Tax write off...
Anyhow, besides drinking lots of cafe au lait, I recently discovered a fabulous French singer, Lou Doillon. She had a song on the "So Frenchy So Chic" CD (one day I'm going to that!) , so I tried out her CD "Places" - and just loved it. Its kind of cruisey-pop, and a few months back I played it all the way in the car on a long drive.
Lou has got a gorgeous, deep voice, sings in English, and writes her own stuff - like this clip, ICU, which is quite possibly my favourite song on the album.
Here tis. Definitely chic.



Popular posts from this blog

Joanne song and the name Joanne

The Very Bad Habit that will be the death of me - or will it?

Three lessons learnt from the week just past