House jobs

Currently reading: Quite a few writerly type books, dipping in and out of them, and also a book on the 1918 influenza pandemic and how it affected New Zealand ~ research for a work project. On the fiction front, the latest David Baldacci. Always a good, pacy read.
Sheep pens on the farm.
I reckon I'll go on a romance blitz after this, and get some e-books from writer friends and see what they're up to. Some nice home-and hearth, or rom com sounds good. Something that makes you feel optimistic, that maybe the world isn't going to hell in a handbasket. (Must look up origin of that saying one day.)
Other stuff: On the house front, there are some projects needing attention. I had some windows replaced in a room. I had gone in there to touch them up, once one of the boys moved out. You know, a bit of paint here and there. Wasn't looking forward to it (physical labour, you know), and thus put it off, and when I finally took a deep breath and went in, I realised the window frames were rotten and I'd need new ones.
Bugger.
A month or so later, the new windows are now in, nicely painted, and so good. I just go in and stare at them.
But.... they show up just how much more needs to be done in the room. It's always like that when you do one thing. Fortunately it is stuff I can supposedly do myself. Sanding and painting and I think, wallpapering, as there isn't a lot of wall space to have to paper. The last time I hung wallpaper which is still amazingly not falling off the wall (well, not completely) I swore I'd never do it ever, ever again but you know... time passes... the memory of the horror fades... I'll give it a crack.
The other thing was that while the builder was here, at no extra cost (yay) he wondrously chopped down the trees in front of the house, and cut the big branches up into firewood logs. One was an impressive Camelia tree with gorgeous pink flowers but it blocked the light. Even worse was that some dratted weed tree (a privet, which the local council has indeed deemed a weed tree) had over time grown up by the Camelia trunk, so in fact what I thought was one tree I discovered a few weeks ago was two. Anyhoo, they are now gone and we have some firewood stacked (thank you Johnny the builder) and a heap of the twiggie branches to get rid of over time although I may just de-leaf and stack them somewhere as they could be useful in a volcanic eruption, flood, hurricane, world war three, when we have no power.  (It will happen one day....)
Removing the trees now means it has shown up that the house needs waterblasting after the effects of the tree. You know, green slimy bits. Mould. Quite gross.
So I can tell you, all this is not going to happen in a hurry but I'll plod away at it and hopefully by the summer, that room will be looking sweet (should the dear boy decide to come back home one day) and the green splotches on the house, we  I will have removed.
~ Joanne