An angel and a Jacaranda tree

Years ago, a friend was throwing out stuff and she gave me this set of lights. I think it was some time before I thought I'd plug it in, and see what it was, and it turned out to be this cutie. An angel blowing a trumpet. Its taped to a window, and it does look pretty neat.

There are heaps of Jacaranda trees flowering, and I just love them with their purple flowers. I've never really appreciated them before (maybe there are actually more, hence I notice them) but this is one I pass often. The ground is littered with petals, which isn't so great in the wet weather. I nearly did come a cropper the other day. But they are so attractive, and with the red flowers of the Pohutukawa tree also blooming at the moment, there is a lot of gorgeous colour outdoors to marvel at.