Note to self: Interruptions are like Christmas

One thing I have noticed with interruptions to writing is they can go on and on and on. It's a bit like feasting at Christmas. In theory its only one day, but it darn well isn't. Christmas (only 7 or so months to go, yay!!) lasts for weeks, and interruptions are like that. You don't do anything with your manuscript for a few days and the days can become a week, can become a habit, and the last thing you want to do is go back to the wretched book. Yet when you do, you breathe a sigh of relief because you're back in that world, and that world is pretty good because you invented it.

It also reminds me of a saying I heard on a romance writing talk years ago. It was Stephanie Bond and she said something like, "Writing begets writing." The more you write, the more you write. I agree 100% with that. The more I write, the more I want to write, but a few days off is breaking the streak and that's bad. 

Of course, of course everyone is different with their creative selves, and maybe taking a week off for some is a good thing and they can dive back into raring to go, but it isn't like that for me.

Writing every day is crucial even if its just a half hour. That's a note to self by the way, because yesterday I opened my current book, Marrying Michelle, which I hadn't touched in five days and within a few minutes I was into it, and it was bloody brilliant. 

I guess it all comes down to one very true fact that somebody somewhere once said:  We're our own worst enemies.

TYPEWRITER PURELY FOR SHOW. THERE IS NO WAY ON THIS EARTH I AM TYPING A BOOK ON THAT THING. PLUS IT NEEDS A NEW RIBBON.