Keeping Secrets

I have been on a bit of a blitz of favourite authors and re-read a few all-time favs, but I also read the newest release by one of my fav Kiwi authors, Fiona Brand, and I highly recommend it.
Keeping Secrets (Mills and Boon Desire) is the latest from Fiona.
Here's the information on goodreads. 
So why did I like it so much?
I love Fiona's writing style, for a start, and always have, right from the first book she had published, Cullen's Bride. Her stories are very different from what I write, and they draw me in from page one. She's a wordsmith and writes with terrific detail yet it doesn't detract from the story.
Her hero is alpha in Keeping Secrets, but a little less alpha than her earlier books (well, I felt) for the now defunct Silhouette Intimate Moments line, ie Cullen's Bride et al. Man, I loved those books with her SAS heros, but this is a littler gentler. Then, it is Desire which is a different line.
Kiwi settings! The setting for most of the story is predominantly Auckland, a city I happen to rather like! It's a bit like seeing your hometown on the TV screen. A buzz.
I read anything Fiona writes.
If I had one of those rating systems like hearts, or stars or kiwifruit, I'd give it a 4 out of 5.
~ Joanne