Sharing a blog post on perfection in writing

It's Sunday, and a long weekend, and I thought I'd share a post I enjoyed reading, by writer Dean
Wesley Smith
I like his blog and his thoughts on writing fiction, but was particularly struck with this particular post this past week.
He talks about perfection in writing, and the danger in trying to be perfect.
He watches the TV show, The Voice, and says...
I know most of you reading this will just shake your head and go away and wonder why we are watching a reality show like The Voice. The reason is that we learn a ton from it every season. We learn about drive, about technique, and about how really dangerous perfection can be to an art.
Interesting blog post if you've got a few minutes, especially if you're a fellow writer. Some great stuff in the comments, too.

https://www.deanwesleysmith.com/the-threat-of-perfect/