Good reads for January

I was at a random shop earlier in the month, one of those ones that sells imported stuff really cheap and I came across the remainder bin. I think that's what its called, where there are dozens of brand new paperbacks at insanely cheap prices. 
I dithered on what two to get (two for $6 NZ money) and settled on a Debbie Macomber, I do like reading a Macomber, and a regency. I've rarely read regency novels but it had a pretty cover (clothed people on it, fyi) and it looked like it might be fun.
Well, fun it was.
It was The Groom Says Yes by Cathy Maxwell and it was a wonderful book, a can't-put-down book.
I then got home and ordered another one in the series, The Brides of Wishmore, from the library and again, loved it.
I think I might be becoming a regency reader.
How can this be?
Well, it was a darned good story, that's how it be.
I also have been re-reading one of my fav authors Abby Gaines, who wrote for  Harlequin SuperRomance back in the day. Funny, lovely, emotional, smart. Highly recommend if you can get hold of some Abby Gaines. Those Merritt Girls is a fun series. Heck, they are all fun. 
Each year I think of doing a challenge on Good Reads and I think I might this year, just to see how many books I can read over the year. I've been a sporadic Goodreads person but I should take advantage of a challenge and get stuck in.  I also think, as I think every year, I'll go wider in my choices. Although to be honest, discovering Jack Reacher is wide for me, and within romance, Regency is pretty out there.
Lolz, right? We'll see!