Currently reading

 I have several books on the go, as one does, but on the fiction front it is this paperback copy of  84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff which I found the other day at an SPCA charity shop.

I was actually pretty happy to find it. I've never read it before (did I see the movie? I can't recall but I don't think so) but it just suited my mood, something that is, as the quote on the cover says, "a delight from cover to cover." I shall probably finish it in the next day or two.

On the writing front, it's all go with The Heart of Matthew McLeod for release early Feb. I am doing a final edit and I am pretty happy with this story. In a future blog post I'll write on this novel as I began it around six years ago and I would go back to it, fiddle with it, then leave it.  It seemed too hard for some reason, and I was tempted to just ditch it but I persevered, even if I could have written half a dozen new books in the time it took to get it right.  But 'right' it is, I hope, and it will be on the internet shelves in a few week's time!