The Santa Clause

It's not even December and I've watched a heap of Christmas movies already. The Princess Switch trilogy, the Christmas Chronicles, and some new ones on Netflix. But my favourite Christmas movie of all time - or at least since the 1990s when it came out - is Tim Allen's The Santa Clause. Even better, this last week I found the DVD in a local charity shop and I was beyond happy. The library, about the only place you can borrow DVDs now, doesn't have a copy, not a one, and even one of our chainstore shops that used to sell DVDs doesn't seem to sell them at all. A few of the local on-line stores didn't have it, and so each time I'd go into a charity shop, I'd check out the DVDs, and usually come away with something, and this time, there it was. A copy of The Santa Clause. So when I got home, I settled down, hoped to goodness it was going to play without a hitch, and it did. Fabulous! Now to find the second and third in the series.