Retired books

I've been clearing out book shelves filled with books I have finally realised I will never read. In fact, I know I won't read them because when I had the covid a while back and was self-isolating for the entire seven days, (that was the rule here in NZ, aren't I good), I could easily have read a ton of books. But I didn't. I watched Seinfeld re-runs instead.

I was only feeling sick-sick for a few days, nothing that couldn't be fixed with a steady stream of painkillers, and I didn't read at all. I could have read. I had all the time in the world, although to be fair, I did do some work on my writing so I wasn't a total TV addict.  

The books I finally culled were mainly those from the library free books trolley. Lovely hardcover books on interesting topics that would have been perfect for that week when I would have been quite justified in doing nothing but read. A week in which I had to shut myself away from everyone else in the household so as not to infect them. A week in which I could have read up a storm and not felt any guilt in doing so. But I didn't.

So there was a bit of a clear out and the shelves are looking a bit better although yes, there are still books all over the house. As for the copies I culled, I donated some to the library at a rest home and some to the local SPCA shop. I do hope they go to good homes and most importantly, that they get read!

~ Joanne